Please find a Press Release from Hockey Ballarat regarding the continuation of its 2020 season.

Hockey suspended

Hockey Ballarat has suspended its junior season for at least the six weeks of the latest lockdown.
The HB Executive met last night and took the decision to suspend the competition rather than cancel it outright.
“We’ve been able to sneak in 3 rounds of our junior season so far,” said HB President Tony Ford.
“We decided if there was any chance of playing another couple of rounds, we would keep that hope alive.”
The six weeks of Stage 3 restrictions is due to end on September 13.
Hockey Ballarat will reassess its options at the start of September.
It has 14 junior teams administered by 3 clubs.
They cover under 11, under 14 and under 16 age groups.
“If there’s any chance our juniors can play another couple of games, we want to keep that option open,” Mr Ford said.

Seniors cancelled

The Hockey Ballarat Executive has decided its senior season cannot be salvaged.
There have been no games played so far, and it’s unlikely restrictions on adult community sport will be lifted any time soon.
“We’ve decided to switch our attention to a Spring or Summer competition, rather than trying to salvage what’s left of Winter,” said Hockey Ballarat’s Senior Competition Committee Chair Jeff Sly.
“Hopefully we can play through November, even if we have to modify the competition.”
“We may look at midweek evening games, or whatever it takes to give our members some hockey, without impacting on other Summer sports.”

For further information or comment:
Tony Ford, Hockey Ballarat President 0417 657 922
Jeff Sly 0439 657076

Recent Posts
0

Start typing and press Enter to search