Please note that the Hockey Victoria (HV) 2018 Annual General Meeting (2018 AGM) will be held on Wednesday 20th March 2019 in the Hockey Olympians Room at the State Netball Hockey Centre, 10 Brens Drive, Parkville, Victoria.
The 2018 AGM will commence at approximately 7.45pm
after the Club & Association Forum #1 which will commence at 6.30pm
CALL FOR ELECTED DIRECTOR NOMINATIONS
In accordance with Rule 25.3(b) of the HV Constitution, two (2) Elected Directors shall be elected at the 2018 AGM.
The retiring Elected Directors are eligible for re-election. The Elected Directors retiring in accordance with the Constitution are Chris Chittick & Alison Foenander.
Please note that Elected Directors shall be elected for a period of three (3) years, which shall commence from the conclusion of the 2018 AGM until the conclusion of the third AGM following.
Therefore, the current composition of the Board (Elected Directors not retiring) is as follows:
- Kester Brown, Rob Dalton, Tracey Drake, Shawn Dooley, Andrew Hodder
- Elected Director, Male Elected Director, Male Elected Director, Female Elected Director, Male Elected Director, Male
Please note that Ellen Williamson (Female) is an Appointed Director of the Board.
In accordance with Rule 25.2(a) of the HV Constitution, I hereby call for nominations for the three (3) Elected Director positions as detailed above.
I draw your attention to Rule 25 of the HV Constitution, in particular:
- Rule 25.1(a) Nominees for Elected Director positions on the Board must be over the age of 18 years, reside in Australia and meet the qualifications as prescribed from time to time by the Board and set out in the By-Laws.
- Rule 25.1(b) Nominess for Elected Director positions on the Board must declare any position they hold in an Affiliate, including as an office bearer, director or a paid appointee.
- In all elections Rule 24.4 must be observed. Rule 24.4 (Gender Minimum) states:
‘No one gender (i.e. male or female) is to constitute less than four of the Board’s Elected and Appointed Directors. For the avoidance of doubt, there must at all times be at least four males and four females filling Elected and Appointed Director positions on the Board.’With current composition of the Board (Elected Directors not retiring) as outlined above, the Gender Minimum Rule (Rule 24.4) will need to be satisfied through the appointment of 2 female Directors at the 2018 AGM.In accordance with Rule 25.2(b), nominations for Elected Directors must be:
- in writing;
- on the prescribed form attached with this memorandum;
- signed by an Affiliate (an Official of the Club); and
- certified by the nominee (who must be a Member) expressing his or her willingness to accept the position for which he or she is nominated.
In accordance with Rule 25.2(c) of the Constitution, nominations must be received by Hockey Victoria’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr Andrew Skillern, at least forty-five (45) days prior to the 2018 AGM, i.e. by 5.00pm on Sunday, 3 February 2019. Refer to the attached Elected Director Nomination Form.
In addition to the steps outlined above, all candidates and potential candidates will be invited to meet with representatives of the Board’s Risk and Governance sub-committee prior to close of nominations.
This meeting is an opportunity for candidates to conduct their due diligence prior to election to the Board and is optional, but strongly encouraged. Any nominees wishing to meet with the Board’s Risk and Governance sub-committee are encouraged to contact Andrew Skillern directly to coordinate a meeting on (03) 9448 2100 (option 9) or via email to email@example.com
Hockey Victoria’s Constitution is located on our website – www.hockeyvictoria.org.au (via About Us tab / Governance / Constitution). Please feel free to review all matters relating to the 2018 AGM, in particular Part IV – General Meetings and Part V – The Board. HV will make the 2018 AGM available via Livestorm so any Regional Affiliates wishing to engage with both the Club & Association Forum and AGM this will be available. Details of how to log into the sessions online will be circulated to the date.
If you have any queries in relation to the above information, please do not hesitate to contact me on (03) 9448 2100.
Chief Executive Officer